Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Calendar

Basically, I felt like my year of 2008 has ended since last week... and my new year won't come until sometime in April next year...

People follow different calendars around the world. Of course, we have THE calendar that everyone of us agreed to follow on globally. But for example in Malaysia, where different people from different society, culture and religion, still follows different calendars. Chinese follows the Chinese calendar, Malays follow the lunar calendar, and Indians follow Indian calendars... hence, the amount of holidays we have here in this wonderful country, Yay! I'm sure there are tons of other calendars different people follow all around the world...

For me, I felt like I'm following the MotoGP Calendar. Funny but seriously, since the MotoGP ended it's '08 season in Valencia last week, days just felt so different now. Weekdays felt so long when I'm not looking forward for the next race and planning where should I watch it. Weekends arrive with less meanings for me now. I'm lost and don't know what to do on weekends.

This two-wheels-poison has got into my blood so deep... Not having a ride of my own at the moment, I guess watching people do it every weekend help keeps me alive. Many thanks to Ken and Shigechi, for letting me crash into your house to watch the race and had to watch it with me somemore, haha. Sorry for the troubles, but it's just so hard to find a mamak restaurant that plays MotoGP instead of F1 or football matches... So, I hope I get massive salary increment this coming year end and get my own astro at home. Or else, I'll be back bugging you guys again next year :D

Overall, it was a great year. My hero Rossi got his world champion title back. Lots of exciting moments still linger in my mind. Went to watch it live in Sepang couple weeks ago, can still remember clearly the thundery sound of MotoGP bikes passing by. It was so awesome to see Rossi in action and grabbing yet another glorious victory even after he was crowned the champion. Another favourite rider of mine, Marco Simoncelli, got crowned the world Champion for 250cc at Malaysia. Such a happy ending this year :) Plus, I had the chance to sit on Casey Stoner's Ducati, thanks to KhyePing for hooking me up to Ducati's VIP Lounge.




And of course, one of the highlights also, taking pictures of the showgirls...


Well, until the MotoGP 2009 season starts, I need to find something else to do for my weekends...